16 January 2010

I Love Shoes In Case You Didn't Know

Oh man do I love shoes...expensive shoes...shoes that you buy in swanky department stores with overstuffed couches, chandeliers, overly attentive salesmen in suits, complimentary bottled water, and oh yes, shoes delicately laid out on glass tables, shelves with decorative elements, all organized by designer.  How did I adopt this expensive habit?  Well, it started when I got a job, made money and thought, "Hmm. I wonder how a Manolo Blahnik would feel on my narrow clown foot."  Ok, so maybe I was influenced by Sex and the City and Carrie Bradshaw's addiction to fine footwear.  I'll admit it.  Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte all walking around NYC in their fabulous shoes and clothes makes any girl ask themselves, "How do I get me some of those?!"  So I made it happen.  I bought my first pair of Manolo Blahniks from the Neiman Marcus outlet in Milpitas at the Great Mall of America and with one swoop, I was hooked.  My sister then of course was getting married and I needed some fantastic shoes to go with my adorable chick yellow fish dress. Jimmy Choo anyone?  I opened a Saks credit card, bought my Choos and threw in a pair of Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes (which now have sadly seen their last days, but I don't have the heart to throw them away even though the heel is broken on one of them).  


So it started.  I couldn't possibly go back to the days of cheap footwear now that my feet were spoiled with exquisitely made shoes.  If I had a bad day, bad week, bad event, I hit Saks and Barneys (aimed to hit the sales too) and treated myself to much needed retail therapy ending in successful shoe purchases.  If I had a good day, good week, good event, I hit Saks and Barneys and rewarded myself for my accomplishments and positive demeanor with a shoe purchase.  I'll make up any excuse to buy shoes (obviously).  How do I afford it?  NO IDEA.  I've cut back considerably on shoe purchases now that I bought a car.  Trade offs of life.  I did manage to purchase some shoes last year though.  Granted, my boss did give me $750 to spend at Neiman Marcus because I was pissed off and he wanted me to be un-pissed off (apparently I'm supposed to be bought with shoes), which I debated actually spending, but I of course erred on the side of reason and indulged my addiction.  What?  I earned it!  So I personally only bought 1 pair of shoes from my own pocket last year and my boss bought me 2.  I'll take what I can get :-D


Are you ready for this?  Are you really ready?  Because there are some fantastic shoes posted below and oh yes, you might get jealous.  


First up is Gucci.  Oh Gucci.  How I've longed for a pair of Guccis and last year, I finally snagged me some.  I bought these on sale at DSW for a brilliant deal.  



Image courtesy of me.


Gorgeous right?  Even the box is pretty! I wore them to our Latvian Independence Day celebration, which happened to be on my birthday, with black leggings and white sweater dress.  Turned out to be a little bit of fantastic if you ask me!  In Latvian society, I've become notorious for having fabulous footwear, so now all the ladies when they greet me, look at my shoes first and then say hello.  Go figure.  Hahaha.


Next up are shoes, part 1, from the gift card.  I did have a fantastic time trying on shoes at Neiman.  The salesman helping me was a quirky fellow, but did happen to enjoy bringing out lots of footwear options for me.  I'll try on endless pairs of shoes any day!  Anyway, these are Christian Louboutin.  I love the red sole -- it's such a fantastic accent to the shoe.  It adds that little extra pop to complete the eccentric vision of Monsieur Louboutin.



Image courtesy of me.


Red patent leather with a diagonal cut on the toe and open side...mmMMmm, yum!  I wore these to new years with my black D&G dress that I wore to my boss' wedding 1.5 years ago.  They were the perfect pop to top off the party dress.  I thoroughly enjoyed wearing them and I look forward to taking them out on the town again.  


Lastly are shoes, part 2, from the gift card.  These were love at first sight.  I saw them, we immediately connected, and knew that this would be a lasting relationship.  Manolo Blahnik.  Oh Manolo Blahnik.  Classic, elegant, pristine.  Perfect cut, color and dose of sophistication.





 
Image courtesy of me.
  
I haven't worn these yet, but I have the perfect dress to go with them along with the perfect event to showcase the ensemble.  It's in a couple of weeks and I'm very very excited to get dressed up.  These are what I call Renate shoes.  Classically sophisticated and powerful that identifies my personality so well.  We are a match made in heaven.


If your curious about some of the other shoes in my collection, GO HERE.  It's my old blog about shoes which I've given up on.  Many of the shoes I see today are just too much.  Designers trying to make hooker heels fabulous is a no go for me.  Yves Saint Laurent's metal caged heels are also no gos for me.  I like a bit of eccentricity, but also practicality and they have to look pretty.  You can't just put anything on a shoe, it has to make sense.  So, since I was sadly discouraged about the trend in shoes recently, I stopped the blog.  I may revive it again when I'm inspired, but until then, shoe posts will be made here.  


You may think of me as a snob or a terrible brag when it comes to shoes, and I'll admit it, I am a snob about shoes, but I don't mean to brag :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something now!